How to start something new in data analytics and not fail
KPMG Data Summit will take place on November 14th, 2019 in xPORT VŠE Business Accelerator from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
You can look forward to discussions with data analytics professionals from UC Berkeley, KPMG, VŠE Praha and many others, all sessions will be dedicated to practical experience from business projects.
Book in your calendar November 14th, 2019!
Program of KPMG Data Summit 2019
8.30 – 9.00 – Breakfast and networking
9.00 – 9.50
- How to start (and succeed) something new in data analytics by Ikhlaq Sidhu (University of California, Berkeley)
9.50 – 10.40
- How to avoid the three major pitfalls with implementing Data & Analytics in your day-to-day business by David Slánský (KPMG Lighthouse, Global Center of Excellence for data-driven technologies)
10.40 – 11.10 – Coffeebreak
11.10 – 12.00
- A new breed: What the data analyst of the future will look like by Ota Novotný (Faculty of Informatics and Statistics, University of Economics, Prague)
12.00 – 13.30 – Lunch, networking, interesting solutions inspiration
13.30 – 14.30
Two parallel panel discusions with experts from the insurance and energy industries will follow the opening keynotes, focusing on innovation and business disruption.
14.30 – 16.00 – Networking, interesting solutions inspiration
In addition, KPMG Data Summit 2019 will include exclusive hand-on sessions with the number of innovative solutions from several talented (and data related) start-ups.
- Why are energy companies reactive when it comes to an innovation? How to take an advantage of energy accelerators and incubators?
- What are the golden data eggs in an energy distribution company?
- How to approach DevOps in a conservative energy organization?
- New data enabled insurance products – complex supply chain insurance, cyber risc insurance, short term insurance – hours, minutes, seconds, IoT based insurance. What else we can expect?
- Threads and opportunities of modern data analysis to “fair price” determination.
- What are Data analytics challenges in bancassurance business?
- Are black box AI machines acceptable for the insurance business and what would be the validation and verification challenges?
Faculty Director & Chief Scientist, Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology; IEOR Professor, UC Berkeley
Partner at KPMG, Member of the KPMG Global Data & Analytics Leadership team.
Chief Data Scientist at SCET, UC Berkeley
MBA in Data&Business Program Director, VŠE Praha
Mycroft Mind is a Czech high-tech company providing top-class advanced data analytics for IoT networks. With over 8 years on energy market and 15 billion smart meter data processed, Mycroft Mind knows how to help energy distributors, utilities, cities and manufacturers to face the emerging challenges of the information era.
Mycroft Mind will be showing analytical results visualisation usIng holographic solution of its partner SmarterInstruments.
You’ll be able to explore three scenarios:
a) Quality control using AI on mobile phone
b) Cooperation of a man and an AI-driven robot
c) Using augmented reality for visualization of machine operational status
d) Collection and analysis of manufacturing data
Smart Data Extraction
A tool for effectively extracting structured data from non-structured electronic documents like contracts, drawings, invoices or other. It combines unique state-of-the-art technology from AI for artificial optical character recognition (OCR), a set of neural networks to increase data mining efficiency to meta-templates. It is easy to connect (integrate) with any existing system and solution (e.g. ERP, DWH, BPM) and is designed as a component for automation using any RPA solution.
Intelligent Product Catalogue
Challenges of digital transformations – digital transformation costs are growing to record levels … but results are not. 70-80% of projects fail. Root causes show a need for well designed middle layer with data integration and process design, with a common solution for products, parties and entitlements.
Perfectly tailored Life Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance for the risks that matter most.